Saturday 18 February 2012

Face Base


Primer - bareMinerals - £19

Hey Darls!

Last weekend I repurchased my favourite foundation primer, which as you can see, is Prime Time by bareMinerals (Bare Escentuals). I fell in love with this primer mid last year at the same time I fell in love with the bareMinerals foundation as my lovely mother bought me the starter kit when she was in duty free and I’ve been hooked ever since.

While I’ve still got a bit of the foundation powder left, my primer finished a couple of weeks ago, and I’d been putting off repurchasing as it’s like £20 pounds for a 30ml bottle, which I find hard to justify (it’s like 75p per 1ml – yes I did the math). But I found putting the powder on without the primer, it didn’t set as well on my skin.

You only need the smallest amount, and the 30ml bottle comes with a pump, so you only need one pump of the good stuff. It comes out in a gel/serum like consistency and you apply it to your cleansed/moisturised face with your hands and wait for a minute to allow it to set in. Once it has, it literally makes your face feel like silk, the first time I used it; I kept stroking my face (I’m not even joking). It evens out the texture of your skin, and as a result makes your foundation powder apply more evenly and stay put longer. I honestly cannot recommend this product enough, in spite of the price tag.

I must say that I think this primer works best with powder/mineral foundation, but I have tried it with my L’Oreal True Match foundation once, and it did the job, but not as fantastically, probably because it was created as a part of a mineral make up collection.

Daily Moisturiser - Elizabeth Arden

The other face base product I wanted to share with you is this Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream ‘Intensive Daily Moisturiser”. I actually didn’t buy this; it came as the ‘free’ gift from a magazine subscription I got, but I was excited, as I love the regular 8-hour cream and I absolutely love this moisturiser. It smells exactly the same as the regular stuff but actually is a cream, not a weird-lard-consistency-non-cream like the regular stuff. I’ve only used it for a couple of days, so I can’t make a confident decision on it just yet, but I’m liking it so far and I’ll keep you guys informed.

This has been a rather long post, but I really wanted to share my opinions of these products with you, especially the primer!

Hope you’re having a gorgeous weekend!

Love Keeks xo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KeeksReid. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig